City of Stonnington
Permit fee refunds
The City of Stonnington has refunded or waived over $1m of fees for businesses with food, footpath trading and health (excluding Category 3) permits
- Extra investment in marketing and promotion of our precincts during the recovery phase.
- Free permits and infrastructure for over 150 businesses to use additional space outside for trading.
- A dedicated mental health support program for businesses with Star Health.
- Access to independent business advice through various diagnostic and mentoring programs.
- Additional investment in our precinct associations.
- Events and re-activations to bring our shopping precincts back to life like Robot SPACEland, Fashion on High Street, Lighting Up The Dark, Glow Pop-up Series, our street performers program and additional Christmas pop-ups like roaming entertainment.
- Rent relief for food businesses operating within Council buildings.
- Accelerated payment terms for suppliers.
- Relaxed enforcement of some parking restrictions and fee waivers at some Council owned car parks during times of lockdown.
- Hotline to help businesses access local, state and federal support services.
- Strengthening our Business Concierge Service.
- Stronger support of businesses through our social media channels.
In addition to this, a $250,000 COVID-19 Quick Response Grant Program was delivered to businesses in late 2020.